Tuesday, 12 August 2014

DIY: homemade lip scrub

 I don't know about you but I am very prone to dry, flaky lips - especially during hayfever season when my nose is blocked and I'm breathing through my mouth, drying out my lips. Something that really helps are lip scrubs. Sure, Lush's are fab but isn't it more fun to make your own?

This lip scrub is really easy to make - it took me less than ten minutes and I had everything I needed in my kitchen cupboard. It also tastes amazing and works like a dream! You should definitely give it a go.

What you'll need:
 >Olive oil
>Sugar of any kind
>Golden syrup
>Flavouring (optional) - I have vanilla extract
>Food colouring (optional) - stick with pink or red because it can stain your lips and no one wants dark green lips.
>A container of some description to hold your lip scrub

Method:
1. Add the sugar - about a table spoon will do!

 2. Add the olive oil. Try about 2 teaspoons. Mix the mixture until the sugar is sticking together.

3. Add about two to three teaspoons of golden syrup. Mix this all together.

4. Add a few drops of your flavouring and your food colouring if you want to and mix them together.

5. Put your lip scrub into your pot.

And there you have it. Give it a go, let me know how it goes!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, a very cool tutorial.
    Your blog is amazing :)

    let me know if you like to follow each other ...

    withoutanyweight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea to make lip scrub yourself! This is the most eco friendly way for skin care. The best part is you know exactly what is the ingredients used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have chappy lips too! I like how you added the red to this scrub, it looks so much more store bought! ;)

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah wicked idea - love the idea of adding golden syrup too, must taste amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is so innovative and clever of you to have experimented with! The finished product looks fantastic :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip!! kisses!!

    www.rednailsladies.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice idea! def going to try it out!

    XX

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  8. the colour is gorgeous!

    check out my latest posts? PS if you have any questions about college/ secondary school please leave them in my latest post :)
    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh i love this :)) Have an amazing day!!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah this is such a good idea! such a good time to make it since winter is approaching and my lips get so dry
    xx
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is amazing!
    Keep in touch xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.