Friday, 18 July 2014

Denim skirts, daisy wreaths and festival talk

Jumper:Primark
Skirt: Tesco (high fashion :) )
Daisy wreath: Primark
Midi rings: Topshop
Bigger rings: New Look

I've been totally in love with this daisy hair band wreath thingy. When I bought it I wasn't really sure whether it was meant to be a bracelet or a hairband but it's stretchy and waaay too big for my tiny baby wrist so I've been wearing it round my bun for the last like, three months. I actually originally bought it to cut up and wear as separate flowers in my hair for my prom but I liked it so much I didn't bother. I'm going to Leeds festival next month so I'll definitely be taking it with me to wear over the tangled mess my hair will be.

I find that at festivals my hair doesn't get greasy as such, it more just tangles up into one big dread-lock no matter how much I wash it. I sometimes go for more than a week at home without washing my hair because it just doesn't get greasy, so four days will be a breeze on the grease front. 

Last year I went to T in the Park and had a ticket for the 'refresh' tent - basically a block of flushing toilets, showers, a hair-washing station, a big tent full of free hair and make-up products and, probably the best thing, a manicure station. It sort of takes away from the idea of a festival, being clean with washed hair but everyone is pretty grateful for it when they've had a big cup of pee chucked over them. I actually didn't bother showering the whole weekend (ha ha ha) but I did get my hair washed - something I came to regret immediately because the woman just chucked the conditioner in and didn't bother sorting out the tangles which only made my hair 100x worse than it already was.

However, there's none of those luxuries at Leeds (or I don't think there is, anyone been?) so I'll be surviving on portaloos - yaaaay! I've heard there's showers but I don't know whether or not I'll bother. 

I feel like this post is getting quite long so I think I'll cut it short here but I have a lot more festival-related stuff to rant about so I might do another post about it closer to the time I'm going!

Do you like festivals? Have you ever been to Leeds fest?

Amy
x


6 comments:

  1. Yes it looks so cute around your bun, very cute!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, I especially like your rings :)

    Love, Sara Wallflower
    http://sarawallflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. such cute pics, and I especially like your rings!

    xx Anna
    Take a look at our renewed blog!
    http://www.ittakes2tofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely and chic as usual. Hope you enjoy the weekend!


    New post: Flower Beards


    Follow me on: Instagram @kennydaily, Bloglovin and Facebook



    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daisy wreath is so pretty! Makes me want to wear one too :)

    By the way, I nominated you for the Sunflower award! Hope you continue the tag :)
    http://everydayingrace.blogspot.ca/2014/07/i-was-nominated-for-sunflower-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.