Monday, 13 May 2013

Tie-dye: round 2

Since my last tie dye post ( Tie-dye ), I've had another go at doing some more of my own tie dye. These are just a couple of the few I've done as the others didn't work so well. As it turns out, pink and purple is the best colour combo. In the pictures, both items are still a bit wet and crinkled but once they're dried and washed they'll be ready to wear. I am absolutely in love with the jumper. Especially since Urban Outfitters are selling virtually the same thing ( for example here  and here ) for £25+. I prefer the ones I've made myself anyway. It's nice when someone says "where did you get that?" and you can say that you put in the effort and made it yourself for a fraction of the price. The t-shirt cost me £2 from Primark and the jumper cost me about £10 from H&M. The dye itself costs around £2 per pack, so overall I definitely got my money's worth!

What do you think?
x

8 comments:

  1. This is a fab idea and has inspired me to dip dye a white top as I want one but they can be quite expensive in the shops ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that! It does save a lot of money! I think dip-dye will be my next project haha :)x

      Delete
  2. Love the jumper so much! I deffo want to do some tie-dying this summer! Great post!

    grannygee.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks lovely! :)
    www.loveandelegance.info

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty! I love the purple and pink together!

    www.elizabethlola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the t-shirt, looks so nice. Oh and thanks for the comment on my blog!

    http://www.unexposedtreasure.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the tie dying and i think tie dying a jumper is great!

    Sarah
    xoxo

    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.