Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Tie-dye and vintage fair

I've got various clothes-related things to talk to you about today.

The first thing is that I recently made a couple of my own tie-dye t-shirts. I've really been fancying one of Urban Outfitter's tie-dye tops recently but at £30 a go, that's not really something I can afford. Instead I bought a few packets of fabric dye from John Lewis and some cheap t-shirts from Tesco and Primark. 
I'm pretty proud of the results. I only dyed two of the 6 or 7 t-shirts I have so there'll be more where that came from. The one on the right was a bit of a gamble as to whether the dye would work on top of the black but it did and I'm extremely happy with it. 

The second thing is that I went to a vintage fair on Saturday. I'm a fan of anything vintage so I was pretty excited. I had reason to be. Everything was so beautiful and I wished I wasn't so skint. There was a mix of beautiful old clothes, shoes, accessories and trinkets but also some gorgeous hand-made things, and the best thing was, it was incredibly cheap. Doc Martens for £25 anyone? 
A slightly blurry picture from my Instagram of a rack of cosey grandad jumpers.
I bought a pair of Levi shorts at a very respectable £12 and a 'The Strokes' badge for £1 because they're one of my favourite bands.

I also did a bit of high-street shopping after the vintage fair. I've been looking for a denim skater skirt for ages and I finally managed to get one!
Skirt: Topshop - £28
I liked this one because it's quite thick which means it'll keep me warm, and also there's a zip which makes getting in and out of it a lot easier. I reckon this might feature quite a lot in my outfits in the near future.
Ring: Topshop - £7.50
I also bought an eye ring because I've been sorely lacking in quirky little pieces of jewellery lately and we can't have that!

What do you think?
x

5 comments:

  1. Love the tie dye, will have to try that myself x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, im in love with your tie dye tops and everything else you've bought! x

    www.justshazea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tie dyed shirts look amazing. I feel so motivated to try it out now ahah. Especially love the yellow one :)
    honest-mistakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved this post:) your t-shirts look amazing- I keep meaning to tie-dye some clothes but I never get round to buying the dye! I LOVE the shorts and badge too, and the t-shirt printing thing is a great idea:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lived in a pair of cut off 501 jeans last summer. best ever.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.