Thursday, 14 February 2013

Lace skirts and skyscraper wedges

Top: New Look
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Amazon
Earrings: Primark

The other night I was at a party for a friend's birthday and I felt it was a good excuse to wear the skirt I got at Christmas that I haven't had a chance to wear yet. I really like the dip-hem on it but the built-in underskirt tends to ride up quite a lot so I had to wear another black skirt underneath too.
 
 I also wore my new shoes which I posted about a few days ago. This was the first time I'd worn them out and I found them to be really comfy and surprisingly easy to walk in all night. They're great because they are so so high and they add about 6 inches to my height and, being a mere 5'2, I really appreciate it!

I decided to accessorize it pretty plainly and I just went for simple silver cross earrings and a top-knot. I don't usually wear my hair up for nice occasions but I tried this new curling technique thingy and it made my hair look a bit lion-esque so I needed a way to hide my mane. I also wore my makeup quite plain - just a bit of eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner for my eyes and some red lipstick to brighten the whole thing up a bit. And it also matched my shoes.

What do you think?
x

12 comments:

  1. your pretty!
    like your blog! Would love to follow each other!
    Just follow and leave a comment.
    I always follow back!!!
    xx, chloechante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the top, it suits you. I always have to wear tights in winter though xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the whole outfit combo :-)
    Honest-mistakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful xxx www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! love your lipstick and that skirt! xx
    thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice outfit! You hair looks gorgeous like this! I need to master the bun ;) you can't go wrong with a smokey eye and a pair of wedges :) followed your brilliant blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog,you look very prettt nice dress ;)
    Follow back, if you like ;) andy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love your hair style dear! :)
    Simona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, love the lace, and the messy bun! And I must say that you are rocking that red lipstick, not many can. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.