Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Loneliness is more or less the norm

I hate that feeling where you know school starts soon and it makes the last couple of days of the holiday really pooey because you know what lies ahead. School starts tomorrow and my tears are splashing on the keyboard as I write this because school is rubbish. I think it would be highly appreciated by all if we just had one last week where the weather would be glorious and we could spend the entire week in skimpy clothes in the back garden, yes? Well.

And see, the first morning of school is like hell on earth because you're sitting in third period thinking 'Lord help me, how will I keep my eyes open? This time yesterday I was dreaming about eating pineapples and wallowing in the glory of the summer holidays.' Although, come to think of it, I have been waking up ridiculously early each morning but I bet when I have to wake up tomorrow morning I'll have to prop my eyes open with the stubs of the pencils I'll find at the bottom of my school bag because, of course, I'm going to forget my pencil case as is my personal tradition on the first day. And then there's going to be the usual ritual of gobbling-down-as-much-breakfast-as-I-can-stomach but still feeling like my stomach is going to drop out of my bottom of hunger by lunch. And when I open my lunch I'll find that my sandwich has gone soggy and my yoghurt's burst on the inside of my bag and I'll have to walk around with muller toffee hoops stuck to my jotters for the rest of the day. Lovely. Also, I feel like the only person who doesn't 'want to get back to school to see everyone.' They've gone without seeing me for six weeks, surely they can hold on for another week, no?

Having said all that, once I get back into the routine I always start to enjoy myself because I really quite like school in general, just not after six weeks holiday. You know, the thought of leaving school has me cowering in my school shoes because I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what I want to do with myself, which is particularly scary given that I'm sitting my highers this year (the equivalent to A-levels) and it's the most important year yet. OH MY GOSH. I am stressing out and we've not even gone back to school yet.

When do you go back to school/work etc? Are you looking forward to it?

x


16 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! I know what you mean. I've no idea what I want to do when I leave school either. I'm back to school on the 29th and I'm also starting my post important year. Don't worry though, things will fall into place eventually. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go back to school on the 4th September and then I have to start work for my GCSE's
    -_- Sad times ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. School for me starts September 6 and I'm really not looking forward to it, even though I will be a senior in high school in the states. The only thing I'm looking forward to is clothes shopping! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck on your School Year!
    Cute pictures and interesting post!
    Love, Joann
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't want to start my highers either, I'm doing English, maths, chemistry human bio and I'm CRASHING physics. I'm going to die :( What are you doing? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Crash higher physics? That'll be tough. I'm doing English, French, biology, modern studies and art. I'm really worried about biology because I'm finding it a lot of work already! :)x

      Delete
  6. Good luck! Cute photos(:
    -loadsofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos! And I'm so jealous, I'm so sad to have left college, best time in my life. I was never a massive fan of school but its a million and one times better than work!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go back to school so early compared to me! I don't go back until the first/second week of September! Although I'm already dreading the start of my A-levels.

    merelysuggesting.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck! Our school doesn't go back for a good 2 to 3 weeks so still have quite a lot of holidays left. I love your top with the rabbits and peter pan collar, it's really unusual and pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first day back to school is dreadful! I recently left this year, finally growing up and leaving secondary school, right into college which starts even earlier then school (wow!) Kind of excited for the start of my A Level's though, finally doing subjects I want to do :)
    Elle - xo
    ellelouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. i go back in a couple of weeks and looking forward to it :) Hey, if you want, check out my blog
    www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I ALWAYS follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel exactly the way you do!! I've been in this shitty mood for the past week because school starts soon. I'm always like 'omg a week ago I was so relaxed, no homework, tests or anything what am I doing here???' haha
    I'm starting exams this year that are like A-Levels and I'm soooo nervous!
    Lovely photos btw! :)
    xoxox,
    Alona

    http://www.fashionfreshman.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm done with school, but I know what you mean. Just try to hold on, it will get better. You look pretty btw.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going back the 29th and this year more then ever i don't want to go! the thoughts of the leaving cert is so scary!
    Great blog, I am now following!
    Katie xx

    Dreaming of Forever.
    http://dreamingofforeverxkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha I'm glad I found your blog, this post made me laugh a lot <3

    Julia x
    www.carouselsecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.