Friday, 1 June 2012

Stripes, florals and distressed denim

Today was another beautiful day here, after an atrocious one yesterday and, it being the last proper day of exam leave today, my friends and I hopped on a train for 20 minutes and went to the beach. We had an absolutely amazing time. We had a fire and cooked sausages and toasted marshmallows and made smores. We probably shouldn't have had a fire on the beach but ...erm... never mind. We swam in the sea for - I'm not exaggerating - about half an hour without coming out but, we must remember this is not the Mediterranean sea, and it was very cold when we got out. The boys warmed themselves up with a spot of American football, the girls sticking to sun bathing. But all in all, a good day, despite having to run for the train both ways - not easy with an enormous wind-break and various bags of edibles.
shorts(belt included): Primark
jumper: H&M
shoes: River Island
sunglasses: Claire's
Since it wasn't the warmest day ever I decided to wear a knitted jumper (no top underneath as I had my swimming costume on) but I paired it with high-wasted shorts, with my sunglasses slung on there to protect me from the sun's evil rays, and my beloved boat shoes. Indeed, they have featured in my last few outfit posts but they're just so darn comfy and suitable. They're also the epitome of beautiful if I do say so myself. Which I do. DEAL WITH IT. 


What did you do today?

x

20 comments:

  1. great outfit! sounds like such a lovely day!:)xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this sounds like such a good day!
    I love your shoes!
    I'm going to a birthday later ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your jumper and your shoes are really cute! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! Love your shorts and shoes ♥

    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so annoying you don't have monday off, after having the weekend, weird to just have tuesday! but still I guess it's some time off :) hope you have a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the floral shoes! :)) and the short shorts :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style!!! Can you please follow me at

    http://quitecouture.blogspot.ca/?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit and your blog! would you mind checking mine out? I'm pretty new to all this. ps now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the jumper is amazing! i want it.
    oh and i love the shoes x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great summer outfit :) I love stripes with denim! And that belt is really nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Them shorts are so gorgeous, love your style xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the shoes, so pretty. And the shorts are perfect, but I can never find that particular pair in the Primark near me :( xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the snakeskin belt! It's my favorite part of your outfit (:
    Also I'm super excited to follow you and I hope you return the favor. It would honestly mean so much coming from a style icon like you!

    xx Amber
    http://amberleetea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. great outfit! i'm in love with your shoes! so cute!!

    kissboombang.
    head + heels

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    Love your post! Super lovely... you are pretty ;)
    Following <3
    Today I stay in home all day
    xoxo
    The Land of Miabelle
    http://miabelledelgado.blogspot.pt/
    My facebook page ;)
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-land-of-Miabelle/211533508914023

    ReplyDelete
  16. your outfit is really cute,love the shoes especially
    nice post,new follower =)
    check out my blog in your spare time
    http://www.londongirlchronicles.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. how incredibly awesome you look... i often (always) feel so awkward in pictures all by myself. your shoes are wicked and even though im a total winter lover this outfit & your day's recap kind of makes me want to go somewhere sunny right now (im australian). oh the woes of a first world teenager. but really, you look fabulous.

    www.katiapellicciotta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love those cute shoes!! :> please check out my new blog!xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This outfit is really pretty! I love your shoes(:

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.