Thursday, 31 May 2012

Small Barry M makeup hall

Liquid eyeliner: £4.79
Wink eye marker: £4.59
Kohl pencil: £2.99
Nail varnish: £2.99

Boots have a 3 for 2 deal on all Barry M eye products at the moment so I took decided to treat myself, especially since I've not done a beauty post in a while. I've desperately been needing a new kohl pencil and a new liquid eyeliner as mine have run out but I just bought the marker because I've read about them but never actually tried them so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Obviously the nail varnish isn't for your eyes so it doesn't count, I just thought it was pretty.


I tried this one first and as you can see, the packaging isn't particularly enticing but I think 'less is more' probably does apply in this situation. The bottle isn't very big so I'll probably need to re-purchase again soon but but that's not much of a problem because at £4.79, it's not too expensive. The brush is very fine which helps in creating a smooth, straight line and it doesn't come out of the bottle absolutely dripping or covered in clumps, like some liquid eyeliners I've tried.

I've had this on all day so far and it seems to be pretty durable. It hasn't crumbled and rolled down my face in flecks and it hasn't faded to a dark grey colour. I'd definitely recommend it.


This was an interesting one. I first read about these on Sprinkle of Glitter in a post about graffiti eyeliner pens. This isn't a 'graffiti' pen as such, but it's the same idea. Now I don't know about you, but the packaging on this one appeals to me a LOT more and when I saw this in the shop, I had to pick it up and find out what it was because the bottle is so puuurdy. Again, it wasn't too expensive at £4.59. You might be put off by the fact that the 'brush' part as it does vaguely resemble the tip of a permanent marker. I admit, I was a bit put off too, at the thought of drawing on my face with a pen and being stuck with it if it was in fact permanent - but I assure you it's not a permanent marker and does indeed come off without too much effort. My patch test on my hand revealed that much.

I haven't been wearing this all day although I did try it out in a little cat-eye flick earlier. It seemed great from what I gathered then. If you find liquid eyeliner difficult to get a straight line with, this may well be the product for you as, to me, it seems easier to avoid wonky lines with this. My only criticism is that the tip of the pen is quite thick and it's a little tricky to get a thinner line.


Again, Barry M seem to have gone for less is more here and I think fair enough. With a kohl pencil, I'm just looking for something simple, good quality and a good price. If the pencil was covered in an OTT pattern I probably wouldn't have picked it up. I tried this out today too and I'm pretty satisfied. The tip isn't one of those awful ones where it's so hard it scratches your eyelids and leaves them sore (ouch). It's soft and glides over your lids with ease and smoothness - what I'm looking for in a good kohl pencil.


Ahhh. The colour of this. You GUYS! It reminds me of Christmas, Valentine's day and Halloween all rolled into one. Seriously. I'm not usually a shimmery person ( a Twighlight vampire) but this was just really unusual and at £2.99 it was definitely a good buy. The shade is red glitter in case you like to know these little details. It does take 2 coats if you want to wear it on its own, although come to think of it, I didn't apply a base coat. Naughty. On the other hand though, you could wear it as a shimmery overcoat on top of a different colour if you wanted to.

So, on the whole some good buys and I'd recommend each one.

Do you have any of these?

x

5 comments:

  1. Barry M kohl pencils are great :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have an amazing blog! :-)
    Would you like to follow each other?

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you an award on my blog! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That nail varnish looks really interesting! Must resist buying more polish :P
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love, love your blog!!! Pleaseeeee check mine out if you have time..we are both around a similar age and i think you would really like it ;) xo Genevieve

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.