Monday, 7 May 2012

I'm feeling a little nostalgic


Dress: H&M
Hairband: TK Maxx
A little snap of my bitchin' beehive in the back. Obviously I'm not talking Amy Winehouse here, but it has taken me a while to finally master this. I might do a tutorial if you'd like one? You don't need anything except hair (or a wig, I'm not picky) and some kirby grips!

Dress: TK Maxx

shoes: TK Maxx

I'm completely feeling the 60s/70s thing at the moment, as I've mentioned in my last 3 posts or so, hence the beehive. I would have gone for knee-highs as well but I only have a thick grey cable-knit pair which doesn't really fit with the theme. Maybe I should invest.

Oh, oh my. I cannot put into words my love for this pink dress at the moment. It's already been on my blog like three times, but you GUYS, I just love it. It's so pretty. And I can wear it however I like; with a leather jacket, knee highs and a beehive (that ryhmes. sort of.), black heels, with wooly tights and a sweater on top. So many possibilities. (I'm feeling a '1 dress, many ways' post coming on.)

This other dress and the shoes were a couple of purchases from TK Maxx earlier this week. You read about them in my handwritten post (if not, HERE ). I tried to describe the shoes as 'thick lace' which, quite clearly, they aren't but I've forgotten the word I'm looking for.  They were £9.99 and they're by Rocket Dog, so they're pretty good quality, if a little big. I know it's kind of difficult to see the dress but it's floral and strapless and has a plaited belt round the middle. I didn't realise the camera was on black and white when I took it so I'll upload a colour one soon hopefully.

Also, just as a side note, I've done a little reconstruction of my header and side bar so take a peer at them and let me know what you think. I was getting exremely bored of my old header. I don't know, it was just time for a change. Aaand, that picture at the top of the side bar is the same as the one in this post. What a coincident. No, I know, not really

What do you reckon?

Toodle-pip!
x

24 comments:

  1. love your hair- the bow thing is gorgeous and I'd love a tutorial of how you do the beehive thing!:)xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your hair! Please do a tutorial!:) And your shoes are so cute:)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your style and your new header! (: xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your new header! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hair! :)

    xoxo

    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shoes! Thinking 'crochet' is the word you're looking for? :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's it crochet! Pahaha, I'm a plonker

      Delete
  7. everything looks great, your clothes, your blog design, you....
    I prefer the old header, though. that was so lovely ;)

    xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so beautiful and that dress really suits you.

    love following you :)

    shadesofpepper.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the retro dress from H&M and your hair looks fab X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it all, especially the the dress (which is quite basic, but hey I don't care!) and the bow in your hair! Following from now on :)

    xoxo
    http://therosydiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute blog, i follow
    xoxo juul

    juulsworldd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely outfit, the dress is adorable -I have the same one in navy.
    Thank you so much for following my blog ! I'm following you too (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. CUPOCAPPU said:
    to be honest, i can't read your complete header. i mean the pic i saw just "MARZIPAN STAIRWA" (w/out 'Y'). and as always, you are soooo fab to make your hair LOOKED greatly (pic #3)! :x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just discovered your blog - its great! Love the beehive and the 60s photos below! =)

    http://lestage2012.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That hairband is so cute, I can never seem to wear them they just dont look right on me!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your hair and that dress! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really cute outfit!
    Hannah x
    www.girlsclub93.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow these photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice pics. I like your outfit! You look so sweet.

    WOuld you like to follow each other? Let me know so I can follow you back. xxx

    http://msofisticada.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. those lace shoes!! <33

    -Lauren

    http://adornlafemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like your blog. You have a new follower ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. cute photos, cute blog! :)

    hope you'll visit mine as well sometime ;)

    xx

    http://lady-godivas-operation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.