Saturday, 21 April 2012

Tuxedo nails and summery sandals

Yes, so, tuxedo nails. As your eyeballs can see, they're not the neatest but, then again, I'm no professional. a while ago I did a review of Primark's black and white nail pens ( Primark nail pens and aztec patterns ), which were what I used for these. It was a bit fiddly, and if I was going to do them again I might put tape down over my nails to keep the lines more straight and cream round the sides to stop it getting on my skin. Afterall, everyone that paints their nails knows how difficult it is to get paint off your skin without smudging your nails.

Despite the fiddliness (is that even a word?) I am quite proud of them and I'll make a point of doing them neater the next time!

In other news, I had my first official exam this Thursday that's just passed. Art. I think it went quite well. I was making a clay model of a cross country skiier. I was petrified someone would knock into my desk and knock it over in the last like 10 minutes but no one did and I was pretty proud of it. My cousin had suggested that after every exam I should do something nice for myself, which I guess was why I painted my nails: a different design after each exam. I'll keep you posted on that, it might make quite a good series of posts!

Also, my lovely mother decided to buy me a little present out of the goodness of her heart, which is always appreciated, isn't it? She bought me a lovely pair of, sort of, jesus sandals. I'm not sure if that's what they're called, see?


x

4 comments:

  1. Your nails are so cute! You did such a good job, can't wait to see the other designs after your exams! Glad your art exam went well!

    Those sandles are lovely, it's really kind of your mum to get them for you!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving nail art at the moment - great effort on the tuxedo nails :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog : )

    You did much better than I would do on my nails! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    mybillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nails are super cute, they look much neater than my attempts! <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.