Thursday, 29 March 2012

Vintage Hair - Gibson Roll

Since my hair went down so well in one of my recent posts (Vintage anyone? (plus sport relief) ), I thought I'd show you how I did it. I'm definitely one that's keen on changing my look so this is just one of many.

Tie your hair in a low pony tail with a bobble. Make sure you leave your parting visible. It doesn't have to be too neat a pony tail. Pull your hair apart above the bobble to create a sort of hole through your hair. A kind of "nest".


Fold the pony tail in half and tuck the ends into the hole.


Starting from the bottom of your folded pony tail, roll it up towards your head and tuck in any loose bits.


Secure the back with some kirby grips. Don't worry just yet about any bunch bits at the side.

Sorry for the blurry photo! Take any bunchy side bits and roll them up into the rest of the roll and secure them with a kirby or two.


Ta da! Pull down a few strands at the sides or the front, if you want.


Blouse:Primark

And I just paired it with a blouse and tied a neck tie round the collar.


x

8 comments:

  1. I love this look so much! It really makes me want to grow my hair long again! When it is short I want it long, and when it is long I want it short! I can never win! :)
    xx
    http://deardollyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just looks gorgeous on you, I love up-dos :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. anyw, you make it so simple!

    http://iypb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! And I agree with the girl on top of me! You make it look sooo simple! I kind of just get lest from steps 3 to 4 haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cant wait for my hair to grow so i can try this!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOO CUTE. I'll have to try this! Thanks girl ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely tutorial, and so easy as well! Great pictures & writing, made it really easy to understand.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.