Saturday, 4 February 2012

In which I hit the charity shops

In my local area there are what seems like hundreds of Charity shops.Well not hundreds. 6 if I've counted correctly. Today I decided I would go down and have a look because you can sometimes get some really lovely stuff. Sometimes there's loads sometimes there's nothing; it's kind of hit and miss really isn't it? There wasn't very much but I got a couple of things:
I bought a dress and a bracelet. The dress is from Cancer Research for £7 and the bracelet is from Capability Scotland for £1. I think I might take the bracelet apart and put one of the dice on my charm bracelet and I might make a necklace from one of the other dice. I'm not sure yet. Anyway, though, I really like the dress, especially since it was such a bargain.

What do you think? Do you ever shop in charity shops?

x

8 comments:

  1. I love buying in charity shops, you can always get things a little different.. I love the dress! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy!

    No Charity shops near us, but we often go to the Salvation Army,Goodwill Stores,DAV thrift stores and other thrift stores and shops. It is so
    exciting when you find something you love and at the right price. To us
    our excitement is almost like our childhood Easter egg hunting.lol!
    Nice dress. Great post as always!!!
    Love, Joan and Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have awarded you with the cute blog award, all the rules are on my blog! :)X

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.com/

    Ellie,xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey pretty blog :D
    I found you via Cherry Gumdrops and I think I'll follow you ;)
    You've got beautiful pictures and charity shops are always a good idea ;)

    xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is lovely! There are loads of charity shops in York, I definitely need to make more use of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute dress! I just don't have the patience to look through charity shops, same with manic sales; i never know where to start and just give up n leave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!! :)
    I really like your blog, I follow you :D
    ... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapitalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Looove that bracelet!

    PS. We've a DORIS giveaway on our blog! Check it out!

    ox from NYC!
    -Davie+Erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.