Sunday, 19 February 2012

In which I get very cold and my camera comes too

It's been so cold here lately. So so so cold, hence the skiing jacket and woolly hat. I thought it was getting warmer but apparently the weather has decided it's going to be a stupid pleb. Yesterday it was an absolutely stunning day until about half 12 when it suddenly started snowing/hailing. Seriously? Of course, true to the Scottish weather pattern, about four minutes later it was a glorious sunny day again. I was so confused. Anyway, I went rock climbing with my mum and we spent almost the whole day at the climbing arena -which is possibly the coldest indoor room you could ever be in. We were shivering like a couple of out of control back massagers after half an hour.

Today I went for a walk around the resevoir, which is quite open and although the sun was shining the whole way, it was still freezing:
I always find that cold days are excellent for pictures. I took my camera with me and I got quite a lot of really nice shots. I managed to slip in a pile of mud and was completely covered in it but apart from that, I enjoyed myself. Even the nippy cold became strangely pleasant after a while.

x



7 comments:

  1. I have only been rock climbing once but I loved it, love your photographs :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wellington boots look sooo cool! I wanna have some, too ;)

    xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures... so beautiful and inspiring.... well done!x Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. these photos are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are so beautiful!

    The weather is just as messed up here - we had hail for about 2 hours and then was beautiful sunshine yesterday. Now it's so windy and freezing!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG the same happened to Germany 2 days later! Super beauitiful weather until out of nothing snow fell. I was a bit depressed about it to be honest, I am so longing for spring and summer!! :)
    Anyway you defintely used the day well to take some amazing pictures :D

    xx,Anh from tha.Darlinh

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.