Thursday, 19 January 2012

Shadow puppet

I've been experimenting with shadow recently. Shadow and my camera. I was surprised at how much I was actually able to do and still get amazing results. I didn't have anyone to help me, which means all the shadow limbs are my own. Obviously I can't be in 2 places at once so the pictures needed to be edited together afterwards using Gimp 2. I put my camera on 10 second timer and then got into position. This created a bit of camera wobble and the shots that were supposed to join together didn't match exactly so the editing I had to do was a bit more advanced than I would have liked, but I managed. Here's the results:


The quality on this one is atrocious: I focused my camera too close, sorry!

What do you think? Why not have a go at some shadow pictures yourself? I'd really really like to see your take!


x

7 comments:

  1. These photos are honestly amazing! Did you take them? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my dear! Thank you so much for commenting and following my blog. I clicked on your page to tell you how lovely that you are, and now I want to tell you that, and that you are really cool! These photos are exquisite. You're just the epitome of a 'cool' person. I like that. Keep in touch, my love!

    Love, Etienne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are actually incredible! I love photography and taking artistic pictures but nothing as good as them!
    Lulu xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so clever! Really impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blog!

    i have given it an award here:

    http://braceletsandbangles28.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.