Thursday, 12 January 2012

In which boredom gets the better of me.


These are old worksheets with doodles on the back.
We're not supposed to 'vandalise' our jotters. I just can't help it. I get so bored when various teachers are droning on about ways that the government help the unemployed or stakeholders or le syndicat d'initiative. I hold my pen, I chew it, I start baton spinning it around my thumb (which I'm pro at) and then I give in and I start doodling. I just zone out. You know that feeling where you just can't keep your eyes open any longer? That's my queue to start on a doodle. I think, now, every one of my jotters has a doodle on the back cover from one time or another, except my RE jotter. Every time I get bored I flip to the back cover and continue where I left off. Most teachers don't see me when I'm fully engrossed but a few have seen my doodles before and don't actually care, especially if I'm finished all the assigned work and I'm just passing time. I like to sit and doodle at home too. I'm very arty and the first thing that comes into my head when I'm bored is to draw. Usually I struggle to think of anything to draw so I just grab a pen and let my hand take over. They usually come out as a big mush of everything that goes through my head as I draw. They sort of reflect my mood. If I'm feeling hyper there will be lots of tiny triangles and random words. If I'm feeling sad or bored there'll be long shapes and cricles and things. I guess I express my feelings this way too.

Ooh also, I just want to thank Emily from http://emilyintherain.blogspot.com/. Have a peek at her blog! This is actually the fifth time I've been nominated for this award so I'm not goingt to go into any detail but thanks!

How do you overcome the monotonous lectures?

x

6 comments:

  1. Wow, your doodles are stunning ha-ha mine are literally either stick men, trees or hearts :p you're much more refined ;) I'm a terrible doodler too though ha-ha apparently it meens you have a sharp mind though ;)

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!! this is sooo amazing lovely! i deffo followed, im actually gobsmacked by this! its so good! i have deffo followed! hope you can follow back :) thanks so much sweetie :) XXXX <3

    PinkVick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doodles are a lot more artistic than mine! I just draw love hearts everywhere haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't know and I don't intend to find out.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  5. I always doodle on my school books, but sadly I'm not as artistic as you! I nominated you for a blog award! the rules are on my blog :Dx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.com/

    Ellie,xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again
    Leather Jotters

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and appreciate every single one. I promise I'll have a look at your blog.