I don't know about you but I am very prone to dry, flaky lips - especially during hayfever season when my nose is blocked and I'm breathing through my mouth, drying out my lips. Something that really helps are lip scrubs. Sure, Lush's are fab but isn't it more fun to make your own?
This lip scrub is really easy to make - it took me less than ten minutes and I had everything I needed in my kitchen cupboard. It also tastes amazing and works like a dream! You should definitely give it a go.
What you'll need:
>Sugar of any kind
>Flavouring (optional) - I have vanilla extract
>Food colouring (optional) - stick with pink or red because it can stain your lips and no one wants dark green lips.
>A container of some description to hold your lip scrub
1. Add the sugar - about a table spoon will do!
2. Add the olive oil. Try about 2 teaspoons. Mix the mixture until the sugar is sticking together.
3. Add about two to three teaspoons of golden syrup. Mix this all together.
4. Add a few drops of your flavouring and your food colouring if you want to and mix them together.
5. Put your lip scrub into your pot.
And there you have it. Give it a go, let me know how it goes!